GRASP, the Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership, is an "educational and advocacy organization serving individuals on the autism spectrum," and is comprised mostly of individuals living with an autism spectrum diagnosis.
The group's mission is: (taken from it's website)
(1) To increase public awareness of Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism;
(2) To provide those with Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism with a mutually-supportive community that is both comforting and challenging to one another;
(3) To teach ourselves, through education and understanding, to maximize the talents brought on by our condition; to harness the unique capabilities and celebrate the accomplishments inherent in our community;
(4) To teach ourselves, through education and understanding, to minimize the damage brought on by our condition; to reduce the harm caused when our behavior diverges from non-autistic norms; and
(5) To become a national, and eventually, international force for change in improving the lives of those with Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism.